Saturday, April 11, 2009

Hospital stay and Jaundice

I have been wanting to post about our stay at the hospital and now have a little time to do so. We got to the hospital at 6:15 a.m. on Friday and they started the pitosin at 8 a.m. I really didn't want to get induced but decided I shouldn't wait any longer if I wanted help from Sharon. The pitosin started working about 20 minutes later. At 9 am Dr Dziko broke my water after which I was 3 cm. At about 11 am I was at 7 cm and stayed that way until this guy finally turned and I was ready to push. The nurse kept saying as soon as this little s**t turns you will feel a lot more pain and pressure and you will be ready to push. No joke. My nurse was really feisty and used a lot of swear words. I was so much in my zone that it really didn't bother me. The pain was manageable until the last 2 hours of labor. That's when it got hard and I was howling like a dog. Seriously! I was saying ouch and it would turn into aaaawoooow like a dog would sound howling. Burr told me after, that he had to look away so he wouldn't laugh. Oh well it got me through the pain. Bryce finally turned after I laid on my stomach and pulled my right knee up to my chest. When he decided to turn I felt the urge to push immediately. Unfortunately I had to wait for Dr Dziko to get to the hospital. I had to fight the urge to push and wait the horrendous 7 minutes until she got there. My nurse kept telling me to turn onto my back but I couldn't move, I was sure he was going to come out if I did. As soon as she walked in the door I turned on my back and started pushing. She had about 2 seconds to get her gloves on. Two pushes later and our beautiful baby boy came into the world. It was amazing! All the pain and pressure was suddenly gone.



This was my favorite thing hands down about my stay in the hospital. A heated toilet seat with a beday. All you ladies that have given birth will understand.


We got to sleep at home for one night then in was back to the hospital because Bryce's belirubin levels were to high. Here he is tanning under the lights

We were very blessed and got to go home the next day. He did great!

3 comments:

{natalie} said...

jenn, he is so adorable! i cannot believe you did it natural, you are amazing. i am cracking up thinking of you howling like a dog. i can picture burr trying not to laugh. i love you

{kim} said...

Wow, you are amazing. I am a howler too. He is such a cutie, just like your other two. So how is life with three kids those ages? I am debating a third one and they would be similar in age...

*A* said...

I love all the details! Makes me want a baby soooo bad! That is so amazing that you did it without the pain meds. You're amazing. You guys sure make some cute babies...better have a few more!!