Sunday, June 15, 2008

7 Year's, 8 Hour's, 26.2 Miles














Jenn and I recently took a trip to San Diego for our 7Th anniversary. We drove 8 Hrs to get there but it was well worth it. We left Brekk and Brock at home with Aunt Christina. It was hard for Jenn to leave Brock but she manage to get through it. The first day we went to the San Diego Zoo and went and saw the animals my favorite was the Panda Bear he was munching down some bamboo like it was candy. Jenn's favorite was the Elephant of course because that's her favorite animal. It was really fun. That night we went to red robin one off Jenn and my favorite places to eat. The second day we went to Sea World and went on the rides there and got soaking wet. We tried to touch the dolphins but they don't liked to come to you unless you buy the fish to feed them. We did get to touch sting rays which was really cool. We saw killer whales and sharks and all types of fish it was really fun, I cant wait to come back with our kids I know they will love it. That night we eat out at olive garden so Jenn could load up on carbs for here marathon. The next morning Jenn got up at 3:45 am to catch her shuttle ride to the San Diego Rock and Roll Marathon. Her and 3 of her friends here in Winslow have been training for months to run this marathon. They met her there and they ran the 26.2 miles to the finish line, it took Jenn 5hrs and 5 min. which I think is totally awesome for her first marathon. I ran the last 5 miles with her to help keep her excited and focused. I missed her by like a mile, so i had to run pretty fast to catch up to her. I felt really bad because i was passing hundreds of people who just ran 21 miles and I was fresh zooming past them, if i was them i would be ticked off. Jenn did it she accomplished her goal to be a marathon runner. I'm so proud of her it not an easy thing to do. The five miles that I ran left me hurting, I cant imagine how she felt. She was sore for about a week and would not go upstairs for anything. I cant Wait for next anniversary.

1 comment:

Corie Green said...

I love getting Burr's perspective! It sounds like you had a great time!