Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Where is My daddy?

Burr is at scout camp this week. He left last Saturday and won't get home until Saturday afternoon. We miss him a ton. Brekken has been asking me everyday, "where is my daddy". The boys really miss him. He is gone a lot with his job, it's typical for him to be gone a day and a half then home for a day and a half. But 8 days straight. This is killing me. It is true, absence makes the heart grow fonder. Here are some of the things I have noticed that I really need Burr for.....

  1. Take out trash
  2. Turn off lights and make sure doors are locked
  3. Take care of mouse found in the mouse trap
  4. Get the mail
  5. Help put kids to bed

Ok now for the mushy stuff. Here are some reasons why I can't live without Burr....

  1. Hugs and kisses
  2. His support
  3. His encouragement
  4. I feel safe at night when he is home
  5. His lame jokes! They really aren't funny but he always makes me laugh
  6. He tells me I'm beautiful

We love you so much Burr and we are anxious for you to get home.

3 comments:

{natalie} said...

i know i miss ethan when he's gone. i can't believe burr is gone for 8 days that is forever!!! jeez.

Corri Havlicek said...

Hubbies are so handy! I love mine too.

Corie Green said...

Yeah i know what you mean! I sure missed Greg while I was at girl's camp! :)