Friday, May 23, 2008

Poooooop it stinks!

I hate potty training! After 2 agonizes months of poop clean ups i have realized my defeat. Brekken has won this battle for now. Seriously he will be 6 before he is out of diapers. And when the other children are teasing him because he pooped his pants, I will tell him it was his own fault! Lol, no really I feel like I have tried it all. Rewarding with M&M's, Popsicles, toys, stickers. Going cold turkey, straight to big boy underpants, and they were the cool ones like Diego and cars. I tried the phone call from his hero Diego. That was fun for a day. We had a potty party when he would go, but noooo... it wasn't good enough. I even tried cold baths. It is kind of like cleaning up after a little puppy. He pooped on the formal living room floor. Burr had the pleasure of cleaning that one up. Thanks again daddy.

8 comments:

Corri Havlicek said...

Oh the joys of child-rearing (ha!, no pun intended). I'm with you, give up for now and try again later. Maybe you can think of a way to make pooping in the potty HIS idea, then he'll be super motivated and just do it!

The Moss Family said...

I love the pics! I think Cris would die before I took pictures of him cleaning up the kids poop. What a good sport Burr is!!

Kirstin said...

What a fun blog!! I love seeing all the pictures.

Okay, I can totally relate to the potty training woes. It has taken about 4 months to get eliza to finally go peepee in the potty consistantly, but we are STILL working on the poop. She just can't tell the difference between the toots and the poops yet and it gets her into a mess every time. Literally. I never bribed her until now. Now we give her ice cream every time she poops on the potty. (Which isn't as often as would hope). I don't have a lot of advice, though, except that it never worked to push Eliza or punish her. The only reason she decided to actually be potty trained was because her best friend Rhyen is potty trained. She saw that and then all of a sudden stopped having accidents. So who knows?

Good luck!!!

Clean Cut said...

So fun to see your blog! Fun to see the pictures and to see what you're up to.

{natalie} said...

potty training is no fun. we are going to start on Add soon. she has peed in the potty a few times but not consistently. i can't wait to be done w/diapers!! good luck. i hope he gets it soon (for your sake!!!)

John, Kirstin, Emma, Anderson, Stewart, Brackley said...

I think Burr deserves a "pooper scooper" for Father's Day".

There is one good thing about not potty/poopy training - you can travel and not have to search for a bathroom just after you get on the motorway!

Love you!

Smith Family said...

BAhahaha. I can laugh because I am blissfully unaware of the terrors of potty training. Thankfully we have a while. Your kiddies are darling!

Unknown said...

Jenn- I found your blog off of nat's. Your little boys are so adorable! and you look great! I am definately not looking forward to potty training! keep in touch!