Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Only 359 days left of being in my 20's


So I turned 29 on the 5th and I am a little weirded out that this is the last year of being in my 20"s. I told Burr I needed to do something crazy like get my nose pierced. He thought I was being serious and said no way. So maybe I was being a little serious. It seams like once you hit thirty you have to grow up. I don't feel ready for that. Even though I have been married for 8 years and have 3 little boys I still fell really young (or just immature). I had an awesome birthday. Burr bought me a sewing machine, which I love! I went to Joanne's to get some things and I started my first project, two jean quilts for the boys. Burr bought me an ice cream cake from DQ, and we went out to dinner as a family. It was such a fun day.



7 comments:

Rachel said...

Jenn- I'm glad you had a great birthday and that you are already busy putting your great gift to use. What a way to remember this machine and birthday gift by making quilts for the boys! Some of us truly never "grow up:)" No matter how old we get, how many children or wrinkles we have, we might still have young spirits!

Michelle said...

I know how you're feeling. My 20s end in a depressing NINE days. I think you should go skydiving or bungee jumping to celebrate. I want to go to Phoenix where they have a business that will take you up in old World War II fighter planes and fly aerobatics and dogfights.

Just have fun and enjoy yourself this year. I love the comment about some of us just having young spirits!

*A* said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!! Let me tell you...going into my 2nd year of the 30's club isn't all that bad, I promise! The only thing different is your body can't do things it use too. You really can start to feel your body getting older. Other than that, its been great! I'm so glad you got a sewing machine!!! This is pathetic, but I've been making payments on a machine for 8 months now!!! I should have it by Christmas!!!

Ashby said...

Happy Birthday! You know, I've got to admit, turning 29 is way more depressing that turning 30. It's the end of the decade, but 30.....it's just the beginning of all the fun you can have! And no growing up is necessary. LOL! Looks like you had a great day!

Smith Family said...

Very cool. Happy birthday! Can't wait to see the finished quilts. POST THEM!

*A* said...

I changed my blog to ilovemps.blogspot.com in case you want to change that.

love,
me

Clean Cut said...

A sewing machine? Yeah, you're grown up. :)