Saturday, July 26, 2008

Leann and I did the Homolovi Fun run on July 11 organized by a the Hopi tribe. We were twins. It was a 6.5 mile cross country course. I thought that it was going to be a piece of cake, but it was actually really tuff. I have never run cross country before. We were running on sand for more than half the time. It wasn't even dirt it was sand like you would find on the beach. Most of the course was marked well with blue and pink flags but about a quarter of a mile to the finish we some how got lost. We were wondering around trying to find the course. We kept seeing what we thought were shoe prints but who knows. We eventually found the course just down a little hill and we were back on track. There was another man who was running behind us and also helping look for the course we really didn't want to come in last so we picked up the pace and beat him. He was probably in his 50's so I'm glad he didn't pass us. After the run they did some prize drawings, they had like 20 prizes and about 30 to 40 people running. I guess we are not that lucky because neither of us won. Sigh! They also gave each runner corn on the cob that they had cooked in the ground, it was delicious. It was a neat experience the Hopi culture and traditions. One of the men running the activities spoke a little about the Hopi culture. He told us that they don't have metals for us because we can not take them into the next like but he wanted to leave us with his prayers. This run, his hopefully, one that I will do every year.

3 comments:

Sweet Tweets Boutique said...

Jenn,

Good for you! You look amazing!! Sorry about your baby! I would have freaked out too. Elle has stepped on Whitney before and I FREAKED! I was imagining broken ribs, punctured lugs....its a horrible feeling. I'm glad he's ok. When are you coming to visit? I miss you!

{natalie} said...

hey jenn....you are a running machine! sounds like it was a pretty cool run. i wish you would come back and motivate me in person. you are awesome!

Kirstin said...

Hey Jenn, sorry about not being on my friends list. I am actually really bad about updating my blog... It is one of my goals to be better. :) Wow, I was scared just reading your story! My heart just breaks when I see either of my kids get hurt. But it is those moments that I feel most like a mom, I guess. I get to put on the bandaid and kiss it better. Anyway, can't wait to see you one of these days soon! I am looking forward to actually moving into my new house and then we'll arange for a time for you to come over and see me, yeah!!!!! Love ya!